How Do I Change My Amazon Smile Charity?
Amazon Smile is a program that allows shoppers to support their favorite charitable organizations while making purchases on Amazon. When you shop through Amazon Smile, a portion of your eligible purchases is donated to the charity of your choice. If you wish to change your selected charity, here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Log in to your Amazon account: Visit smile.amazon.com and sign in using your Amazon credentials.
2. Go to the “Accounts & Lists” section: Hover over the drop-down menu next to your account name on the top right corner of the page. From the menu, select “Your AmazonSmile.”
3. Select “Change your Charity”: On the right side of the page, you will find a box displaying your current charity. Click on the “Change charity” button.
4. Search for your new charity: Enter the name or EIN (Employer Identification Number) of the charity you wish to support in the search box. You can also browse through the available charitable organizations.
5. Select your new charity: Once you find your desired charity, click on the “Select” button next to it.
6. Confirm your choice: A pop-up window will appear, confirming your new charity selection. Click on “Yes, change my charity” to complete the process.
7. Start shopping: Now, every eligible purchase you make on Amazon Smile will generate donations for your newly chosen charity.
1. Can I change my charity multiple times? Yes, you can change your charity as often as you like.
2. Will my past purchases be counted towards the new charity? No, only future eligible purchases will generate donations for your new charity.
3. Can I support more than one charity at a time? No, you can only select one charity at a time.
4. Is there a cost or fee associated with Amazon Smile? No, there is no additional cost or fee for using Amazon Smile.
5. Can I donate to international charities through Amazon Smile? Currently, Amazon Smile is only available for US-based charitable organizations.
6. Can I change my charity using the Amazon app? No, the charity selection feature is only available on the Amazon Smile website.
7. How can I track my donations and see the impact of my purchases? You can view the total amount donated to your chosen charity by visiting the “Your AmazonSmile” page and clicking on the “See your AmazonSmile impact” button.
By following these simple steps, you can easily change your Amazon Smile charity and continue supporting the causes that matter to you while shopping online.